22 Nov 2012

Warli Note book





Oh no not warli again !!I know you must be thinking this ..with so much of warli creations  going on this month .I saw Saumya's Notebooks and remembered I had made one too.Not at all perfect like her !This  is out an out recycling project.As I have used thin cardboard sheet from shirt packing for cover, the pages are leftover from old diaries, red handmade paper is from wedding invitation card and cream colored paper too from same card.I stacked all the pages together and cut them in same size. As they are less made two holes and tied all pages together with golden thread.





The time consuming part was cutting and pasting tiny warli figures(Paper piecing in short !)As they are very small they kept falling here and there and had to cut them again and again. This reminded me of school days when in every summer I used to keep all the unused pages from notebooks to make a rough book for next year !(See I was stingy since childhood !!).I wish you are not thinking I have gone crazy over warli  :)  :D ;) !

Entering for :
Tuesday Alchemy : Challenge #41 Anything but a card.
Pin and Tack: Spark the Moment -Anything goes Challenge
Make it Monday :MIM#116 with meljens design
Paper Playtime:Ch #89 Anything goes.
Challenge for Everybody : Challenge #7 Anything goes

18 comments:

  1. wow,must have spent so many hrs cutting the pieces,you are inspiring everyone to try. keep going

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..thats lovely..will have to try it soon..I love warli art but always painted..this gives a very new dimension to warli..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow!! pooja this looks so amazing!!! your warli cover is done is so beautifully can't imagine the time it must have taken you to do this!! absolutely fantastic work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pooja..this is absolutely fantastic. I never tried this and dont think i have enough patience like you to try it in future either. This is such a beautiful book cover..your recycling is amazing...wanna see more of recycling and Warli stuff from you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fab project and a wonderful gift idea...love it
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely project wow!! and thanks for your kind comments on my blog post :) take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh my GOD..this is beautiful...i love recycled projects and I did participate in an international swap with recycling notebooks...will upload soon...but this is awesome....and I am humbled that you got inspired from me....truly creative project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic!!! It looks like woodcuts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!This is so different and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. warli is my all time fav dear, and very beautiful notebook, loved the warli you did, especially the cows!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous work. Well made.

    Glad to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! What a labour of love. Love the intricate details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful work..surely a lot of time and effort putting together all the little bits and pieces..but definitely worth all the effort. Warli is an impressive style and you have truly given life to this style of art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey pooja thanks a lot for your comments regularly for my posts. sorry if there is any delay in my commenting in your blog as my system is not working properly,dont know when it shuts down.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg ...the whole thought of so much fussy cutting and pasting is itself overwhelming for me .hats off to you to carry that out so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing work....so love the little paper pieced figures on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pooja I love your Warli art .Kindly post a tutorial .Really want to learn it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)