2 Mar 2013

Card with Bargello Technique


As the title suggests I have used bargello technique for this card.My stash is low on card-stock so I  used the shirt packaging/filler as card-stock. Covered it with purple chart-paper and then used some tissue to give it texture.But still the the base didn't look good.So, finally glued a textured white paper (recycled from old invite).


This is how I made the chevron strips .I  have cut strips of 5mm from colored chart paper for it.The sentiment is printout and( though it does not look like )made a husked butterfly .I have also used some plastic beads n a cloth trim as embellishment .Do tell me if you like card .

Entering for :
Frosted Designs :Fabulous Friday Challenge-Chevrons
Pin and Tack: Challenge 7 anything goes
Simon Says Stamp:Anything goes
Card Maniac :CMC#15 Fairies or Butterflies
Make It Monday :MIM  # 129
Hamster Challenge -Anti Quilling



23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous - lovely coloured chevrons & AMAZING how you made them -you are certainly the queen of recycling! Great job:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love your card, especially the way you made the chevrons! Very creative! Thanks fo playing along with us over at FD Chevrons challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative card, love how you reused material and how you did your chevrons! Thanks for loing us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like it a lot , I do . very creative . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! Awesome base and great color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card, super creative.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the pretty pink chevrons caught my eye when I saw your card on the MIM blog. A great way to recycle unwanted packaging.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice... Sentiment looks like hand written...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicely done. Love how you did the chevron pattern. And the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever, I don't know anyone who can recycle and make so many beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an idea dear. superb ppoja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, very simple in design but very effective, thank you for entering it in the challenge at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your chevron banners! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super! Great idea to turn strips into chevrons! Cool :-D
    Thank you for your attention to Homyachok challenge blog! Although I'm not 100% sure that you qualify since the quilling strips are usually meant to be solid color and not patterned. Anyway, cute cas card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is totally cute! Love those chevron strips! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We'd love for you to try out at our new design team: Sister Act Card Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another awesome creation from you. I don't know how i missed it.

    I left you a blog award on my blog. Please do check it out and I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know how I missed your this card...Your chevron idea is very clever...You always make best use of upcycled items! :).....I really like you card ...It is very pretty...!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pooja...Somehow missed this post...Great chevron idea...Love all ur upcycling ideas..Clever gurl u r :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)