23 May 2013

Quilled Earrings

Quilled earrings

This is my first attempt at quilling jewelry .I always admired quilled jewelry by talented quillers in our blog-land but never tried,Thanks to Shylaashree's challenge I made this earrings !

quilled key earrings
This earrings are approximately 1 inch long.I have used black chart paper strips for quilling and later colored it with copper and gold dust to give antique look.I had used this technique earlier for this envelope. Quilling key is not totally my idea I had come across beautifully quilled antique keys here and since then wanted to try it.Mine are not even 1 % like the original one though !! I kept the design very simple the reason ...

failed attempt !!
I had started with this initially but it did not turn out good so switched to simple design but with proper execution ! I believe rather than having complicated design but improper execution its better to keep it simple and neat !! What do you think ?

Linking it to :
Adhiraa creations : Week 3 blog Anniversary Challenge
Crafter's cafe Challenge Blog :Challenge # 16 For a Female
Our Creative Corner :Anything goes 
Challenge 4 Everybody : #20 Anything goes 
Pin And Tack :Spark your creativity #9 Anything goes

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous earrings! Love the color...and yes I agree with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful attempt and i totally agree with u..

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful earrings, nice attenpt, and simple can be just as beautiful !!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow earrings.. Loved the key chain one.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The key earrings looks like real keys, Pooja. Good try! The second picture is also nice. Looks like swan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful earrings Pooja ..I really like the way you have given it the antique look looks so real. ..fab work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful earring and the key chain looks so real. love the antique look pooja. Good luck and thanks for linking it to my Blog anniversary week 3 challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED THE KEY EARRINGS POOJA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The key earrings are very pretty.. the original inspiration might seem better bcoz it was made from metallic paper. but u've recreated the effect using simpler materials.. and the so called failed attempt is not bad at all.. the design is very pretty. I guess the material used for the finish came in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely key earrings pooja...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, those are clever. Adore the keys. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can hardly believed they're not real, or metallic...they look so vintage!!! And yes, one of the sayings I used for the girls in my class at school, years ago, was "Keep it simple, sweety"..... It's true!!!!! But sometimes complex is fun to have a go at....it can be frustrating though :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely pooja, linked both of them, the second one design is sooo good, thanks for your comments on my blog and telling about casual fridays,linked it. so sorry couldn't comment on this post earlier,today got some time, i have my son's school on wed and thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple and Beautiful earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work I thought the keys were real when I first saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goodness. These are exquisite! I love them.:)

    I agree with you that proper execution is key to getting quality projects. You have been doing really fabulous projects!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty Pooja and what an excellent idea. Iam sure it never fails to attract attention when you wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous earrings! Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely earrings they have nice metallic look..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow these are amazing :) guess u never have to rely on the market for ur latest n trendiest jewelry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)