7 Aug 2013

Textured Tag + Tutorial


Made this this tag for few of challenges combining their themes.I will share some steps of how I created various textures on this tag.

1. I started with a brand tag (Reuse) and tissue .
 


2.Then I gave a coat of white acrylic paint,did not cover it completely as I wanted some blue to be visible and then giving a coat of white glue covered it with white tissue paper.This is how the tag looked.

3.Then made some pattern with home made texture paste (recipe here).I don't have a stencil so to make the patterns I made a  cone with plastic sheet,very similar to the one we Indian girls use to apply henna on palms.(See.. my jugadu dimag at work !!)



4.Then I added some beads to the patterns while the texture paste was still wet ,If you are wondering where did I get this idea..Lizzy from Lizzy's Happy Scrap Place...is the answer..I love the textures she creates with tiny seed beads..

Why didn't i trim off the extra tissue.?? bcoz every thing on tag is still wet and didn't want it to tear it ..

6.When the tag was completely dry and extra tissue trimmed.I glued a half doily,muslin cloth to add some more texture ,got this cloth from a parcel envelop(Reusing..at work).Its the lining of the envelope.So next time when you discard those envelop check if it has lining and pull it off..and you get a nice element to add delicate texture to your projects !


 The butterflies are cut from a home made texture paper(tutorial here). And finally some golden thread..and my tag was ready...

How is it ? DO tell me if you found this tutorial helpful ..

Whats reused here ?
A brand tag,muslin from envelop,invite for textured paper butterflies,tea-bag for rosette.

Linking it to

34 comments:

  1. wow pooja...u again nailed all d challenges with ur rocking performance...beautiful tag u made n loved d all jugaads u innovate....brilliant.keep it up dear...congrats for ur win at crafters corner.....n a big thanks for sharing d tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Pooja utterly fascinating reading how you made it. Super duper project
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very very jugadu and very creative.Love the elements you reused. Like you, I keep hoarding all sorts of scrap, but unlike you I never make use of them. Should learn from you. I love using seed beads too. Did that on one of my tags and loved it. Thank you for the tut and the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful tag. Love how you made this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous :) who would have thought that we could create textures using tissue paper :)... love it and thanks a lot for leaving ur loving comments on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you using the beads....they SING...this is my very, very fave project of yours EVA....LOOOOOOVE it:):):) Great texture, lovely colours & such fab recycling:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice tutorial and texturing effect,love this tag pooja
    Adhiraacreations

    Adhiraa@Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  8. is a great work....thanks for a tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love what you've done here! thanks for the texture paste recipe, will definitely try it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty Tag... Thank you for joining us at "For the Love of Crafting"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Lot of textures and up-cycling. Very nice. Thank you for leaving kind words in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is so beautiful Pooja ..Love the way you have created the lovely textured BG and your innovative recycling again :)..And Thank you for the tute too :)..definitely get to learn something new here !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. always enjoy your recycling, the tag is gorgeous, and thats for sharing the steps on how you made it !!!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely tag, love ur use of homemade stuff, gonna try it soon one day, thanks for sharing pooja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Pooja, loved how you incorporated so many textured layers and love the Jugaad!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love LOVE your tutorial AND your masterpiece tag! It is beautiful and I want to make one, too! So delicate and fun, with the softest, feminine colors! Thank you very much for taking the step by step photos! Thank you for joining us at Fashionista this month! I hope you will submit more of your pretty projects to the challenge in the future! hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm back! LOL Just had to say that I have enjoyed a lovely afternoon browsing your pretty creations, and have become your newest follower! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! This is gorgeous! Fabulous textures and layers. I'm always impress at how you improvise with the supplies you have at hand. :)

    P/s: If you can get your hands on wrapping tissue, that would be even better because it is translucent and show more of the colour underneath...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks pooja..... U saved my day.... I don't know how I missed the Lessology post, thanks pooja again. Really honored

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! Thanks for participating at ABNH!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing the tips and tricks on how to create this wonderful tag! I find it very helpful!

    Hugs!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  22. fabulous idea, I luv the look..thanks for sharing the steps...hope you have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice tutorial! Now I know what that mesh was.. You are truly master recycler!

    Thanks for the tute Pooja. I have never done mixed media.. But you are tempting me to try :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the win dear.Love the way u hv explained so clearly, will surely give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the texture with tissues Pooja..colors are so soft and lovely..thanks for joining us at Color Copnception Challenge.All the Best !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. very lovely tag .. way to go girl !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the textures and layering done through recycling .....Thanks for joining us at the CCC#3-Nail it down with textures

    ReplyDelete
  28. loved ur way of creating textures,Pooja...Thanks for joining us at Color Concetion Challenge #3.
    All the very best.:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fab tutorial Pooja, love your recycling ideas!Thanks for joining us at Color Conception Challenge, all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)