23 Oct 2013

Using up tiny paper scraps

Hello crafty bloggers ! How are you all ? busy with Diwali preparations ? Today I have something easy peasy to share with you.



 How are the flowers ? Nice ? You will like them more when I tell you how I made them .
Usually I make roses and other paper flower by folding square n circle piece of chart paper n then cutting the shape out of them, as a result I am left with tiny paper scraps like these..they are hardly 1cm wide.


Like a good hoarder I keep them in a plastic bag thinking some day I will use them in some way,with the bag full now I had only two options throw it or use it.How could I throw such pretty tiny scraps SO used it n the easiest way was to make flowers(what a unique Idea :D !!) These scraps do not have any perfect shape so I sorted the pieces n I embossed the bigger ones.



I used a small circle as base to attach the petals.



glued some more layers of dark colored petals inside the outer layer.For the center I glued the spiky pieces,you can use pollen,pearls,flower soft ..any thing you like.Here is the complete flower.



I hope I have inspired you to use those tiny scraps you have been hoarding for long :)

21 comments:

  1. Wow like these cute little flowers pooja when I saw the picture of it I thought they were flower ear studs... :) great way of using tiny scrap..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pooja :) you are quite an inspiration, what a lovely flower you made with the scraps. I am in love with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea as always. Well done Pooja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful way to use scraps Pooja, you are too good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey wow, never thought there could be something like this doen out of scraps... :)
    Great work

    Uma
    http://krafttime.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation! It's a very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow pooja...u r so creative n always inspire me that nothing is useless....beautiful flower u made...TFS..n congrats for ur win n thanks for ur support dear..:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh..pretty way to use up those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!! Great idea for using the scraps..Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are totally delicious....but I do NOT have your patience......I am awed by how well you use little pieces of paper:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute!! :) And great idea of using those tiny scraps. I have a bag full of them! :D Gonna try these flowers now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they are dainty! Love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, what a beautiful flower! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Namasthe pooja ji.. Excellent job.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are so so so cute! I have this huge bag of paper scraps......throwing even the tiniest scrap breaks my heart......am definitely going to make these

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, yes, very cute idea:) I smiled, reading your way of protecting those tiny pieces:) But yes, they look so cute Pooja. And thanks for sharing:).

    ReplyDelete
  17. BRILLIANT idea!!! Love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow pooja you are too good at recycling! Love your unique ideas

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! Using scraps can make such surprising results!

    ReplyDelete
  20. such gorgeous blooms!! thanks a ton for the idea...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)