6 Dec 2013

White ,Red & Green


How is this romantic tent ?? Before you wonder what is it..let me tell you its a big pop-up card (7x7) !!
          I  love pop-up cards and I am constantly searching for techniques n tutorials (Often ending up on same blogs ..any guess ??) and still you don't see many pop-up cards on my blog :(  As only making a pop-up is not enough, to make it look complete a scene is needed around it and I find it very difficult.I really admire how Dr.Sonia builds lovely scenes in her pop-up cards.And my next source of inspiration is Anna-Karin, her pop-up cards have fabulous scenes and bgs created by stamping ,texture paste n even acetate !!

Now to my card..


A top view

I made a hexagonal tent with a roof used guaze for curtains and a frilly lace to make it more romantic.Scored horizontal lines on roof for some texture.


side views..

Talking of scene I only added lamp posts around the tent.Used paper pieced roses from a pp and dried leaves for decoration.It has table n chairs in it too..not visible clearly ??.. no probs..


I took this snap before attaching the tent.



And this is the card front..(I know, not so impressive)I have used red satin ribbon and the big white panel has some texture with tissue and a lace,flowers n some paper pieced roses.


The large flowers are made using faux-silk technique.I have kept the die cut label blank as this card can be gifted on wedding as well as Anniversary so it can be added accordingly !


Linking it to :
Itsy Bitsy -Picture Inspiration
 http://itsybitsyindia.blogspot.in/2013/11/the-itsy-bitsy-picture-inspiration.html
Mojo Monday 322
http://mojomonday.blogspot.in/2013/12/mojo-monday-322-contest.html
Sassy Studio Design- DTBST #206Cut and Paste
613 Avenue Create : # 48 Anything goes
Crafter's cafe Challenge Blog : # 40 Red and lots of it

32 comments:

  1. Oh SOOOO lovely, Pooja!!! Its ur 2nd popup which has become my fav...Lovely take on challenges...Every bit of element and the effort behind is what makes this so special dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect take on the inspiration pic. It is super awesome & romantic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Pooja!! Absolutely stunning pop up card here! I can never make pop-up cards! :( You have done a brilliant job.. Love the beautiful tent to bits! Even your card front is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That's a really romantic tent card you have made. What a great take on the inspiraton pic! Who would guess that this card would open up into a lovely tent :D Really appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..A card with a big surprise..Love the tent..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this is soooooooo wonderful pooja.. lovely romantic tent ! loved it .. a big surprise in small packet .. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooow Pooja..so nicely executed,lve the pop p..so innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's a lot of work involved. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Pooja !! this is so dreamy, delicate and romantic !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Pooja!! This is fantastic! So romantic and beautiful! I am in love with it! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am ASTOUNDED at your patience & the intricacy of the design. Stunning card - & truly beautiful .... Great idea leaving the tag blank on the front, too:):)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one creative piece! So pretty and delicate - it must have taken ages to make!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty :) Love love this popup card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is fantastic. You have created such a beautiful, romantic scene with that tent and I really love your card front as well. I think you have done a fabulous take on the inspiration picture.This is simply amazing work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing Pooja..now you have me guessing how you made the tent shape and the lampposts.Wish you were in Bangalore..we could meet up and have a blast making crazy pop ups.
    You are so right about creating pop up card scenes--I too find it difficult. Often I enjoy the thrill of conquering a pop up mechanism but get too lazy to embellish it!
    And as a rule it is said to keep the front of the pop up card simple and I think your front is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous creation Pooja!!! It didn't came to my mind that it was a card until I saw the last pic...and then I scrolled up to confirm :P This card is outstanding!! I sooo love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pooja, I love your pop up card. I've never done a pop up, but would love to try. The white and red are perfect. Thanx for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs.
    the SSD little brother
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  18. just a perfect popup card pooja, was wondering how did you incorporate a tent shape in card - truly amazing and great work dear

    ReplyDelete
  19. REALLY enjoyed this tent with the beautiful soft colors! And thanks for linking to a few other people, I had to pin those beaded trees. I really like how you think and what inspires you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty! I love it. Thank you for joining us at DTBST this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow wow WOW! this looks amazing, and you think the card front does not look like "much" ? I thought it was exquisite! Just beautiful, inside and out! (cannot get over all the details, and the dexterity in your fingers!) hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! You made great use of the sketch and your creation is so well crafted. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing with us here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just another gorgeous creation. The tent and the flowers are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Pooja...this is soo creative n beautiful...how u made this ..?? pls share it with us as it seems very very difficult to create a 3D tent in Pop up.....love the way u challenged yourself every time n surprised us by Ur unique creations...Wish i could meet you n learn from u everything...!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful!
    It's complete post with my tags (sorry)
    http://scrapkiart.blogspot.com/2013/12/blog-hop-day-6-paperhaus-magazine.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow! What a romantic scene! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!! Pooja, You've done an amazing project!! Totally stunning!
    Sorry for removing my previous comments! I had misspelled your name and so I removed it.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  31. So very clever and yes, Dr Sonia was my guess as to the star of pop up cards. Something I keep meaning to try. I really like the front of your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)