29 Jan 2014

Card with scraps

B'day card
Hello crafty friends ! I am Glad to be back posting after many days.I have a B'day card to share today which is totally made from left over scraps (except the pompom lace trim). Here is what I started from

pile of scrape papers


Looks less ??  ..:D ! I have a huge pile and recently I have started storing them according to size,long strips in long plastic bag,medium square/circular pieces in another plastic bag and smaller ones in small packet.I sorted out pink,cream and orange,peach scraps from the pile .The card base is cut from an invite.I arranged torn strips on base layer with torn edges.

card in making

Then crumpled them  a bit and glued to the base layer.I colored the torn edges of base layer in pink.

card side view
The center strip has some texture while the ones with black pattern are from a tag which I had cut for this card .The doily is hand cut (similar to making snow flakes) and was colored in baby pink for some other project but not used.

card other side view
Rosette are made using tea bag which I had colored pink added peach gauze leaf and pearl to each flower .I had piece of this orange envelope with sentiment ,tore a strip and attached with foam tape.

card laying flat
Still the card looked as if missing something so glues a lace trim  and Finish ! How is it ?

Linking it to :
Lulupu - Challenge # 24 Scrap your scraps
Oldie but A goodie : Recyle (The lace is more than 6 months old and papers more than year,envelop from which i took the sentiment is more than 5 yrs old :D !!)
613 Avenue Create  :  # 56 Anything goes
LEJ designs : Challenge # 85 Anything goes

33 comments:

  1. Pooja this is beautiful, I never thought that we could make such beauties just by using scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wonderful - I need to start using my scraps!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of scraps...Love ur shabby chic beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pooja! I love the colours you used! such fabulous use of scarps! wow you saved a 5 yr old envelope too... Gosh! I really need to learn patience from you dear! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty out of scraps Pooja !you made a excellent card using your scrap.. you always amaze us by recycling .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the choice of colours pooja...good use of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome recycled card! Love the color combo. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. I too love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card Pooja! Love the way you brought so many elements together! Love the colours too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I could think like you Pooja, because although I love the idea of reusing, I have a tough time figuring how to do it. Your card has really turned out beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the colours and how well you've used up your scraps. A really super card to show us at an OBAG, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic use of using scraps a brilliant result love all the layers -thanks for joining us at Lej Designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe you made that sensational card out of scraps!! And those little flowers peeking out...super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pooja , I am inspired I guess i shall be working on scraps only for the next few weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its such a pretty card Pooja ..fabulous way way to use up your scraps ..love the layers you have created and that rosette's look just lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Card Pooja..Really i waited for card for scrap your scraps challenge..

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome card pooja
    nice use of scraps :) love the flowers and the layers
    thanks for playing with us at Lulupu this fortnight !

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty card .. Love the colours

    Thanks for joining us at LEJ designs

    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yummy scraps! I especially like those deep pink rosettes peeking out. Playing with scraps is a fun challenge all on its own, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thats a beautiful card, awesome use of scraps.. such pretty n soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What GORGEOUS work of art!!! Love the way you put those together :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely color combination and beautiful card Pooja! Thanks for joining Lulupu Challenge #24

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful. I love the colors you've used. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun card, Pooja! I'm pinning this in my techniques board! Beautiful, soft feel to your "collage" of beautiful things! Wonderful card! thank you for showing the great photos. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  26. the texture is awesome on this card! Love your pile of scraps! I have taken to doing that myself to get through them all! Too good to throw away!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card! fabulous idea! Thanks for playing with "Lulupu Challenge". Hugs, Valou

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a sweet card! Love the colours and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Pretty sweet. Love the idea of using scraps.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    crazycrafter-craftsuppliesshop.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)