25 Aug 2014

Capture the colors (plus DIY)


Front View
Hello friends !! I am so happy to share today's card .I have been meaning to make a card with camera and the cards shared in CASE Study Anniversary  Blog hop gave me the inspiration.


Layout of my card was inspired by Debby's card.
I am fan of Debby 's work, her card are amazing always n I loved arrangement on this card a lot !

Happiness
Card by Jocelyn Olson


Debby Hughes - Lime Doodle Design - CASE Study anniversary - Hero Arts, Simon Says Stamp
Card by Debby Hughes


And the vibrant water-colored background from Jocelyn's card. 
I was blown away by the bright bg , white die-cuts and wanted to try it as soon as I saw it !
Here is my take ..

Side View
 I have used a textured handmade paper as card base. Drew camera on other handmade paper piece and fussy cut it, used it as a guide to water-color around it .I had used handmade paper to lift the excess misted distress ink on some other card ,it came handy to write the  words.As most of my cards everything is handwritten n hand drawn :)


Now the very interesting part..How is the Washi tape ? didn't notice ?? the film strip ..
What will be your reaction if  I tell you it can be created in three steps that too from basic supplies ??(not my original idea ,lots of bloggers have already shared it ,I am sharing my version )

Step 1 : Take a tissue paper of your choice (colored,printed) .I took a plain one

Step 2: Adhere a double side tape gently removing wrinkles if any (unless you want a textured tape :D ).
Do not remove the backing.

DIY Washi tape
 Step 3.Draw,stamp,doddle, color what ever pattern you want ,This can be done in Step1 also but tissue being delicate can tear.I drew the film strip with black marker pen .Cut the strips of size you want and peel the backing to use it !

I hope it is useful,tell me if you like it :) .


Linking it to :
Case Study Anniversary week #3
Beyond Grey Challenges : # 57 Watercolors
The Mixed Media card Challenge: # 2 Summer (cool colors[summer] ,texture [handmade paper],inks[distress ink,watercolor,marker],dimension[foam tape])




38 comments:

  1. Lovely card Pooja.. love the handmade washi tape idea..beautiful blend of colors and hand drew camera.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi pooja... this is such a bright card. love how u hav hand drawn the image. And the DIY washi tape, soooo perfect.... looks real.
    Thanks a lot for sharing my blog candy in ur blog and for ur sweet words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really enjoying your CAS style cards, & this is no exception...colour combo is BRILL & I cannot get over your fab drawing skills....afraid I'm waaaay to lazy to make my own washi [hang head in shame!!!]....but I do so admire yours!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Pooja. Your hand drawn camera is amazing, and so is your handmade washi. Yes, I loved your idea. Never crossed my mind, have to try this.:) Love that meaningful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing card love how you combined the two cards. And your camera and washi-tape are jawn dropping. glad you joined us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many wow things on this card for me especially your handrawn camera and the DYI washi tape along with the perfect sentiment !! ..Both fabulous ideas and I totally loved the way you have cased Debbie,s and Jocelyn's card.Your card looks awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card, Pooja! that camera is amazing! thanks for playing along with us at MMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hand drawn camera is amazing Pooja....And thanks for sharing Diy washi tape...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too trendy Pooja and I like the washi tape idea too, it gives such a cool effect to the card and you can enjoy it thoroughly while making it rt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely background Pooja and awesome drawing and DIY washi !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A diy washi?? :) Wow Pooja!
    The camera is super cool and the bg awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card!! The colors are fabulous!! Love the DIY washi tape, too!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card and yay I am participating in the challenge too.And woah,its so weird that I am case-ing the same cards that you did.I love love love the handdrawn camera and your washi tape turned out nice.This card is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bright combination of colors on the watercolored background - so beautiful! Great tip for making your own washi tape. Thanks for playing along with us at Mixed Media Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the combo of B&W image and the colorful background. Amazing job!
    Thanks for playing with us at MMCC. Hope to see you with us again next month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Pooja.. this is beautiful!! love the colors... nice washi technique..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your hand-drawn camera against the bright colorful background. Awesome idea with the hand-made Washi tape too, thanks for sharing! Super cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great tutorial. The background you created is amazing and your camera is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really cool. Love the bold colours on your card. And anything camera-themed gets a thumbs-up from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bold colors and beautiful design of ur card !

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Pooja! Love your hand drawn camera.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card with awesome BG n beautiful hand drawn camera....Grt...!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice work, Pooja! Can't believe the camera is hand drawn! So many people use stamps and other tools, it's refreshing to actually see someone drawing or creating their own craft supplies! Well done!
    Hugs!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic work and beautiful drawings. Handmade washi tape looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow, fantastic drawing and lettering! i also love how you've faded the yellow into the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card! Absolutely love your drawing! Thanks so much for joining us this week for the CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cool, Pooja. Summery and cool. And I love how you were inspired (by two of my favorite card artists). Thanks for playing with us this month at MMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brilliant card Pooja, Beautiful camera drawing and washi tape idea...love your watercolor background.
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. your gallery is just very nice .graphics are very nice . your website it just super. best of luck . do come visit me some time. that goes to everybody who see this. WE.HOBBIESANDCRAFTS.NET. and please sign my guestbook at the bottom of my webpage to let me know you came to see me tell all your very good friends thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aren't you clever, Miss Pooja! LOVE this card - as always, your use of vibrant colors and textures is intriguing and gorgeous. I wondered how you achieved the look, and see you used textured hand-made paper. Your camera is delightful - and the sentiment words are perfect for this card. Thank you for sharing your film tutorial, too LOL xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  31. Combine cleverness with creativity and the equation equals to POOJA !!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful ! just so beautiful and neat !
    Love the texture going on it compliments the watercolors
    Happy to have you at BGC for the watercolor challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your inspired take on Jocelyn's and Debbie's cards! The bright background is so yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. So beautiful cards!
    thank you for playing with us at BGC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)