14 Sep 2014

Guest Desiging for Lulupu

Side View

 Hello Friends!  I am very happy to share my contribution as GD for Lulupu’s Current challenge .Thanks to Karuna and Lulupu Team for this honor. Jaya has challenges us to create anything as long as it has minimum 3 Washi tape along with a Geometric shape/Ready-made embellishment. I have had washi tapes that Yvonne has sent me since long and never used it properly and had it not been for this challenge I they still won’t have seen light of the day! Thanks for this interesting theme Jaya :)

Front View

I made this card with a “music lover” in mind . I am hooked to drawing n fussy cutting images for cards these days So, started with drawing the headphone and fussy cut it keeping mobile/iPod shaped window in center, decorated it with hounds tooth washi tape. For the background I used water color paper and painted circles freehand with water colors and outlined with blue gel pen, drew the phone/iPod and outlined with black gel pen, stamped music notes in light blue memento ink and used music notes washi tape to go with the theme. Popped the earphone with foam tape on water colored panel and adhered the panel on handmade card base with foam Tape. I used alphabet stickers for words and matted them on washi tape Strips.

card lying flat
  I  was eager to use the Mini Distress Ink Kit I received from Lulupu .The colors are lovely and I made another card using scattered straw and spun sugar DI.

Front View
  The bokeh background is created using stencil and Mini Distress Inks. I have used peach colored handmade paper for card base. How are the flowers ?

Side View
  Sharing a small pictorial to create these washi tape flowers, dahlia fold style. I had seen such flowers with pattern paper .Here I used washi tape to create my own pattern paper.

Steps to create Washi tape flowers
  The sentiment is hand cut from thick paper, coated with glue , covered it with Martha stewart loose glitter  and sealed with Sakura Gloss medium. Adhered it on a Vellum Strip.

card lying flat

I hope you all enjoyed this long post :) 
My SPECIAL THANKS to Yvonne for the RAK , Rainbow Craftykari for the Giveaway  and Finally Lulupu for this chance and prize :) !

19 comments:

  1. lovely cards ..love the circled bg in 1st card n love the 2nd one so much and great use of washis to make flowers.. Amazing pooja. .loved your idea..Thanks for sharing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which card I like most! LOOOVE how you've created the flowers - they are so simple, but really effective.....but the colours & the fun images on the music one are really delish, too:):) You are SOO good at drawing! Great use of washi on these, glad you've USED them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first card, it's so trendy! The second one is beautiful Pooja! Love those flowers and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your creative use of the washi tape. Awesome washi flowers - you're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pooja, I loved everything on your blog :) love those washi flowers and the hand-cut sentiment is just awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are beautiful!! The dimensional flowers on the second card are just stunning!! Thanks for including instructions on how you made them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make super stuff and the contrast between the flowers and the glitter makes the last card a superb beauty!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creations Pooja! I love the washi flower idea too much. Definitely going to try this one :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on ur GD Pooja !! Two unique and awesome cards :) I so love those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Pooja, you are so imaginative! First, congrats on the GDT slot, and even more congrats for the amazing cards! While the music card looks fab, I especially LOVE your folded flowers - all with Washi Tape! thanks for always wowing me, Pooja! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful cards Pooja... congrats on the GDT... Flower is very beautiful!1
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pooja, the music card is so clever and neat, but the second one with the flowers really blew me away (you know I love flowers!). I'm so glad you showed how to make them. They are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely creation. The second one is very beautiful with flowers. Hand cut sentiment is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fabulous are these! Glad you could put the washi tape to good use! Mine are used merely for display...lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous cards.Both of them.Your headphone idea is so clever and I love the flowers you created.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the self stamped backgrounds on these cards -- great use of washi too

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looove the 2nd card pooja..it has such a soft appeal ..with beautiful color combo..absolutely wow..
    The first one is awesome use of washi tape...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both are lovely cards Pooja..Love the flowers ...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, that's awesome! Congrats! The cards you've made are very nice :) And very creative :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)