15 Jan 2015

Guest designing for Lulupu


Fancy fold card front

Hello friends ! Sharing a Fancy fold card that I made as Guest Designer for Lulupu's current Challenge.This card has a very simple fold similar to a gate fold with slight twist :)
This is how it opens
Fancy fold card open
Here is the template for the fold.

Fancy fold card template
The extra cardstock over the edge can be folded again for interesting variation or can be trimmed as I have done it.
Fancy fold card template
With the basic fold done time to dress up the card.I have used 4 different pps in shades of blue and have distressed the edges with faded jeans DI.

Fancy fold card inside
Adhered a paper doily in center ,layered a piece of tulle over it and then loaded it with handmade flowers.All the flowers are made using punches while the leaves are handcut and inked with DI. Added die-cut flourishes to the floral spray.I have Stamped the sentiment on banner and adhered it with foam tape.
Fancy fold card with tag
Made a tag to write message and adhered a pp strip to it and did faux stitching on it with black marker.

Fancy fold card back
Card has pocket at the back to hold the tag.

Fancy fold card closed
I used a Satin ribbon to hold the fold together. Before I end this post  I would to Thank Lulupu for this chance , Sathya for the lovely pps  and Sindhu  for diecuts .

Supplies used :
Stamp- Happy Occasions Sentiments from IBS. 
Distress Inks : Faded jeans,Peacock feathers, Evergreen bough
Memento Ink- Tuxedo black

11 comments:

  1. Love your flowers Pooja! Simply beautiful! And your card is great! Congrats on the GDT post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful fold! Love your color choices of the papers and the gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning!! I love the beautiful flowers!! The fold is so creative and fabulous!! Love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahhh! My comment just disappeared! LOL Hi Pooja! LOVING this amazing card fold! I want to make one, too - how kind to include step-by-step directions and a template! The pretty blue flowers look amazing - I was once told that blue is considered rare in flowers, and therefore, precious. Precious and rare - that would be your talent. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is just wonderful about this card. Love the opening to it and the fact you have added a pocket to the rear of the card. I must remember that for other styles of cards too. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card. Handmade flowers look beautiful and I like the way how you have arranged them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool design! Love the burst of flowers !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! This is so gorgeous....& I looove how it folds open! The colours are my faves, too. Blues rock:):) Loooove your flowers, as always, & CONGRATS on the GD spot, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful flowers Pooja.. lovely card.. nice fold

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! LOVE the fold and the patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)