23 Apr 2015

IMP sTuFf



Hello dear crafty friends ! I have a very interesting project (and a very long post) to share with you.If you love reusing and organizing stuff you will love it for sure.Its a pocket book, made totally by reusing packaging stuff n altering mail envelopes.I had a pile of mail envelops and now that they have exceeded the space available I decided to finally use them.Initially I thought of folding them in half and then  stitching them so I have book with pockets to store some Stuff.As I went through the stuff I was planning to keep in it I realized I needed some longer envelopes ,some wide n some small ! plan changed I cut all of them according to size and then gave a thin coat of Gesso so that I could easily paint on them.


These envelopes are very thin and I was not sure if they could hold the bulky stuff and withstand daily use.Hmm....I spotted this packaging material from my bro's cupboard.They could make good support !


After the envelopes and the support were cut to proper size I adhered the envelopes to the support on both the sides.I glued the envelopes in specific order.Punched holes length wise so I could  bind them.


Now the base was ready Time to decorate ! I was clear that I wanted all the pages n cover to be completely flat,So that the book could be stacked with  other diaries and books. I will need this book often ,SO it should have some fun to it..

The cover has coat of black gesso ,texture paste, loose glitter and Alpha's paper pieced from various pps.Curly brackets are cut from golden glitter paper.I remember adding little stars to mark important points in the text while studying.This book also has very IMP sTuff . In came the funky stars.


Rather than having all black look I went for a mixed one.






On the cover's inner side I started by drawing outline of butterflies with a stencil and black crayon and drew circles with same crayon.Have used gelatos and DI to color and did the outlining with white acrylic color.








 













{ If you are too bored , I suggest you to click on the photos to get a larger view  and skip the lenghty post !}








   It pretty obvious what this mini pocket holds,yes    driving license.Freehand drawing using black marker and colored with pigment inks.









 Voter Id on other side. I did the ombre background using pigment inks then drew over it with black marker .Applied darker pigment ink through stencil and then did highlighting with white and black acrylic paint.















 Faux-Chalkboard effect (My favorite !) Started by giving a coat of black gesso.After it dried drew everything with a fine tip paint brush and white acrylic color."me " is paper pieced ,used gelatos to add some color.No marks for guessing what it holds :D





Remaining pages has stuff related to "Money matters" !








This is very first envelope that I altered for this project.Applied various colors of gelato and then distress ink to create the background and then doodled over it with black marker.I have doodled on all the envelops to my heart's content ;)



















The quote continues on this mini pocket.(yes Chalkboard effect again !) The complete quote is "Art is not in making money but Keeping  it !"











Other side of the mini pocket


 This page has reference to online banking,encouraging  paperless transactions! The background is created using distres inks then some more ink through stencil and doodling .




















  Both these envelops encourage to save ..MONEY of course !




  Background done using pigment inks,then stamping with bubble wrap and empty bottle cap.



























 This one is the easiest distress ink,gelatos and crayons.Sentiment handwritten with black marker.



















 
If you are still here just few more pics and then you are free to leave..

COMMENT ;D !
    









   Just a fun quote.Acrylic colors on bg  + stenciling and doodling .

















Reverse stenciling with peacock feathers stencil, circle n dots with acrylic colors.






















Hush..finally the back cover! Kept it simple .Black gesso and texture paste.I have used old earRings for holding these pages together.















 
All the fonts (paper pieced ones too) are had written.You must have noted the junk journaling influence on this project.Did you like it ?
Thank you for patience and staying with me for soo long, I hope it was not boring ! If you want some more info about any of the page drop me a comment with you mail Id :)


Supplies used :
colorbox Pigment Inks
Distress Inks : Salty oceans,Mustard Seed,Evergreen bough,peacock feathers.
Black Archival ink
Gelatos : Mix and Match set - pink
Wax crayons,Acrylic colors
Stencil : TCW - 6x6 Quatrefoil Stencil- RAK from Sathya,Imaginariun-Peakock feathers
all others are Hand cut
Gesso & texture paste - Home made
Pattern papers RAK from Shalu and  Deepti.



Linking it to :
Lessology : # 46  Typeface
Create Something Catchy Challenge : #13 Anything goes
613 Avenue Create : #120 Anything goes
Incy Wincy Designs : Faux Techniques ( I used Faux Chalkboard technique )
Make My Monday :  Earth Day ( Recycled project + save paper)

41 comments:

  1. Totally a work of patience and hard work! Paid off well...this imp stuff project is very interesting! I loved how you have interpreted each envelop and the quotes you gave for each one. It is a spectacular and thank you so much for sharing! :)
    Suchi xx
    http://suchizcardstock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S: I loved the idea of using the ear rings for holding it together and also, using mail envelopes to create something this useful!

      Delete
  2. Its absolutely brilliant Pooja !! I have done a lot of fun journalling on mail envelopes as nothing on my table is safe :) and have then saved those too, I love your idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely amazing!! I love all of the details!! You decorated it so beautifully!! What a gorgeous project this is!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous recycling idea Pooja! All pockets are beautifully decorated. ...lovely mixed media work and perfect sentiments to go with each one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so incredibly creative, Pooja - and oh-SO-talented! I always enjoy what you have to share, and NO IT IS NOT TOO LONG. LOL Love your book, and how you created all those individual pieces of artwork by recycling mailing supplies. I think what is even more incredible, is that the artwork on each folder/envelope represents something important. It's a wonderful project and so innovative AND beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is incredible. What patience and creativity! You really put so much time and effort into this. It's a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is amazing! I think my favorite page is the happiness quote and butterfly inner cover. This is truly a work of art :) Thanks for sharing your talent with us at 613 Avenue Create this week!

    Hugs,
    Kathi, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...amazing recycling pooja...each and every cover is so beautiful and unique...and tempting me to do one...off to collect wedding invi covers...thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! This is super creative and awesome upcycling! I love the loose and fun-filled pages of mixed media fun!

    Thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really have a done a marvellous job here.....loved all the photos - so many techniques, great quotes and an all round fabulous journal:):) Thanks so much for sharing with us at LESSology this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superbly brilliantly awesome work....pooja I want to ask one thing k itne jabardast ideas aate Kaha Se he ;)
    Not kidding as this is now became my most favourite project of yours ..amazing doodling n BG u created on all the pages ...and all those quotes are also very unique n interesting dear ...love this idea totally !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY HANNAH!! What a spectacular project! I just can't get enough of all the wonderful colours and details you have included here!! Just incredible the way you used envelopes are earrings of all things! Your creativity and skill are beyond amazing!! LOVE IT! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was anything but boring, Pooja! I am so very impressed with your creativity and your talent! Thank you for sharing with us!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant dear Pooja!!! Very many techniques...Absolute use of stuffs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome design!
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is just awesome dear ! loved every bit of it pooja
    http://happymomentzz.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  17. AMAZING work and creativity!! NOT boring, instead = BRILLIANT!!! Love the messages and the artwork! very cool idea, so practical to use your work in everyday uses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pooja..love the way you used the envelopes and messages.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um. WOW. Amazing and so obvious you had a wonderful time creating it. Just lovely. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done! You have some amazing pages in this fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! I'm impressed. You are so talented and creative...lovely artwork :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOWZAS! You totally have done a crack up job reusing this! What a cool journal process filled with so many lovely colors! Super super blown away by your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am sooooooooo stunned :) you have worked wonders !

    ReplyDelete
  24. My goodness your work reflects your personality
    Let me check a hardworking , full of patience ,committed, amazingly creative,farsighted,with excellent imaginative power ,compassionate and an awesome artist.........correct me if I am
    Wonderful work
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cool project Pooja.. Loved all the recycling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Brilliant work!! Loved seeing different colors, designs and messages all put together in one beautiful project.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely amazing project, Pooja! And thanks for sharing the detailed tut! It is so helpful! Thank you for joining us at CSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic project, thank you for joining u at MMM.
    Suzi B x MMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow!!! Super creative and cool project...love it!!! Thank you for playing with us at LESSology :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, my name's Minh, and nice to meet you :x

    Thanks for great job, I love all things crafty - paper flower, crochet, knitting, quilling, beading, jewery making...

    There're some video clip about handmade tutorial step by step here:
    Tutorial step by step

    Please watch, like, comment and share if you like it :)
    Thank you God bless u :x

    My Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW so unlike your usual style but super gorgeous all the same!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow....awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Pooja such a detailed project! Loved every bit! How long did you take to complete this?

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is really creative, nice concept!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome project Pooja! No one transforms recycled items like you do!!! Hats off to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. It was an absolute pleasure & delight to go through this post of urs :) it's never too long & i totally enjoyed every single page.. Keep creating more awesome stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi, I'm Dzung Mac, nice to meet you ^_^
    Thanks for great job, I love all things handmade products, DIY crafts such as crepe paper flowers, paper cutting, origami, Quiet book, valentine card/gift, birthday card/gift, christmas card/gift, christmas card/gift,...

    There're video clip about handmade tutorial step by step here:

    --->>> HOW TO MAKE ROSE PAPER FLOWERS

    If you are interested in it please follow/like/comment my channel
    Thank you God bless u :x
    --->>> MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    ReplyDelete
  38. how to make Rose Flower From Paper Tutorial - super easy | by Dzung Mac --->>> HOW TO MAKE ROSE CREPE PAPER FLOWERS
    #howtomake #paperflowers #rose

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)