10 Jul 2015

Catchy Design's - Let's Get Pinspired # 1





 Welcome to my blog ! I am very Happy to share that my dear friend Deepti has invited me as Guest Designer for a Special challenge on her personal blog Catchy Designs.The challenge is sponsored by  Papericious and winner of this challenge would be receiving the gorgeous 12 by 12 Vintage Rosewood Paper pad.




All you have to do is create a card based on below inspiration pic.
Inspiration pic
Isn't it TRENDY ? I was instantly drawn towards bold colors.I have hardly used such color combos on my projects So was something new for me.I loved the colors so much that I created not 1 but 2 cards.Have a look..

 Tried graphic look on first one.I was inspired by first two images in the pic and chevrons.Made the strips pattern on the cardbase with markers and layered two paper circles over it.


The chevrons are cut from various papers and tag is inked with peacock feathers DI and word JOY is hand cut. Now my second card.




Its inspired by the grey door and vases filled with neon sand.Started by painting the bg with DI to create a blue strip pattern(which is hardly visible) then tore a piece of grey patterned paper and adhered it to the base


The vase is cut from vellum colored with neon paint and flower is paper pieced from pp and colored with DI n LSG spray.Wrote the words with brush :) and made some splatters with black paint.Finished by drawing  bricks pattern with orange paint.


A big THANK YOU to Deepti for  inviting me as GD ! I hope I have inspired you to join in ,You have 10 days to link up your creation .Don't miss the chance to win a fab paper pack !

Supplies used :
Card base : Neenah Classic Crest Avalanche White Smooth Paper
Distress Inks : Picked Raspberry,Mustard Seed,Salty Oceans,Peacock feathers
Lindy's Stamp Gang Stardust Spray: Hottie Pattotie (Pink)
Acrylic paint : black,orange .

25 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I especially love your first card with the abstract lines - really stands out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! Both your cards are just gorgeous Pooja ..I love the way you have interpreted the moodboard in both your cards !! Love your second card its just fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful Pooja.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers Pooja !! You've done an amazing job at interpreting the inspiration picture. :) Just love the way you did the background for the first card. And the second one is my favorite. The vellum jar, tge walled look, everything, Very, very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pooja, both of your cards are so very pretty!! The first one is striking and colors rock! The second card is elegant !! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow stunning cards Pooja. Very interesting take on inspiration pic. First card is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Pooja..Both the cards r beautiful...love the second card...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for you being a GDT! And good on your for creating two so different, but equally STUNNING cards. Love the way you've done the flower in the jar on the 2nd one......& that top one. LIKE WWWWOOOOOOWWWW!!!!!!!!!! Those colours - the graphic design. Divine :):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on ur GD Pooja! Your cards are fabulous, way to rock the pinspiration :) I love the torn edge of paper on ur second card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great inspired card - love the graphic feel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the GD spot! So well deserved! Beautiful projects! Love the bright and bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Pooja.. Love the bold colors and designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your guest design spot!! Your cards are absolutely stunning!! Perfect take on the inspiration photos!! I really love the flower - so gorgeous!! Both are amazing!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty creations Pooja...stylish and beautiful
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy goodness and all that is right with the world I am IN LOVE with your first design. I just want to stare at it for a long long time! The geometric lines the bold colors. yup -it's a winner! Your second card is also just GORGEOUS!! Love the ripped edges and the arsty splatters. I love this mood board and will TRY TRY to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats on the GD pooja ! love both the cards , the second one with the sentiment with brush looks just so Fab !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always amaze Pooja! These are both awesome, but the vellum vase steals the show! Great ideas - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun challenge, Pooja! Love both of your cards, but especially the 2nd card! The torn edge and delicate flower offer so much texture and interest! Hope this finds you doing well and very happy! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Pooja, these are freaking amazing! I love the way you can pull inspiration from the photographs and put it together into a fantastic piece! Just stunning work! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your guest designer gig! These are fabulous. LOVE how you've used the bold colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. a card with water color is very beautiful...regards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATS Pooja!!!!!! All I can say is wow oh wow this is all so delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the GD selection Pooja.. I like the second card very much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)