16 Sep 2015

Art from Heart !

Art Journal cover
YES  !! you have guessed it Right .I have joined the art-journaling bandwagon ! Though I have shared few of my attempts at drawing faces on fb page,Didn't make a proper Art-journal.I used old manual to practise drawing n coloring.Thanks to ongoing Lessology challenge I made one.I have reused papers from various old manuals for it .All papers are plain white on one side and have some text or image on other side.Sharing the steps.


My journal measures 5.5 x 8 inches.Rather than making a separate cardboard cover I made first page as cover page for the journal.I have applied coats of gesso on it ,then textures paste with palette knife .After it was dry used various stencils ,acrylic colors and gelatos drew and pained the heart with wings."ART" is cut from a scrap paper with black texture paste on it .

Art Journal cover

Supplies used :
Stencil : triangles,diamond(hand cut),TCW - 6x6 Quatrefoil Stencil
Colors : Camel artists' acrylic colors
Gelatos : Mix n match set - RED


Linking it to :
Lessology : # 51 Its reading Time (made a book from reused papers)
 photo Challenge-51-Its-reading-time_zpshiio1pyk.jpg

Stamplorations : September Mixed Media Challenge (I have used 3 stencils)
http://stamplorations.blogspot.in/2015/09/stencil-sunday-september-6.html
Recycle,Re-purpose and Re-invent : September challenge
Fab n Funky : #273 Recycle / Upcycle (Reused papers)
613 Avenue Create : #141 Anything goes optional Love me do

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful representation of the sentiment, love the textures and the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, it looks amazing!! I love the colors and the design!! All of the details are just fabulous!! You did such an awesome job!! Love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you join the fun !! love the sentiment !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic project - I love what you've done. Thank you for joining in our recycling/upcycling challenge at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Love how you use recycled things in such a COOL way.... & the MM work on the cover is awesome:) As always, thank you for joining us at LESSology:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project Pooja!! Love the design!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such creativity Pooja! You're amazing - love how you pull these stunning creations out of your hat on a whim! Great colors and design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS ROCKS! oh my! love love love the Art in black letters! Super cool! And thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout Pooja :) loved the heart with wings & the handcut cut stencil works :)
    eager to see more of your pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout Pooja :) loved the heart with wings & the handcut cut stencil works :)
    eager to see more of your pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. so you have "crossed over" officially, Pooja! How fantastic! I will so enjoy seeing your journey entries - this one is near and dear already with the winged heart - it is SO LIKE YOU! Love all the details, but I especially like that you show your soaring love for art, and for those who are around you! Beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous journal cover love all the texture and colours-Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drawing faces is addicting eh? *winks*
    Welcome to the art journaling community!
    This looks fabulous...I just love the artsy feel and the colours!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The journal cover page is brilliant Pooja! I LOVED the heart with wings...and the ART word! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous project! Love all the texture and pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning work Pooja, love the texture.......love the winged heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good on you for giving art journalling a go! I haven't taken that step yet. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good on you for giving art journalling a go! I haven't taken that step yet. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great work! Thank you for entering the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My kind of style :) Love your art journal work, simply stunning! I'm so glad to see your creation entered in the STAMPlorations September August Mixed Media Challenge. Thank you for your support and do make a come back this month will you :) Happy creating!
    Hugs&Smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)