30 Sep 2015

Colorful Thank you !


Sorry for the Delay in posting :( This post should have been published in the morning :( 
Anyways coming to the point,I am sharing my entry for Scrapping for Fun Grand Prize Challenge.We had to create a card based on this sketch.(I have rotated it to right )




Though I love to use stencil on most of my card and projects I have hardly used them to create complete backgrounds.For this card I created the colored panel with stencil n Distress inks.Then I cut it into 3 strips and adhered them on textured black card base.


At this point I was stuck what to add next ,flowers,doily ? No I didn't want the background to loose focus ,Vellum came to my rescue ! I glued few sequins before adhering the vellum strip.Attached a black border to the vellum strip and thin glitter strip for interest.white butterflies to break the colors .Finished off by writing the sentiment with Stickles.


I would love if you could stop by the Challenge and vote for your favorite entry.
Thanks for stopping by :)

Supplies used :
Distress Inks : Mustard seed,Salty Oceans,Picked Raspberry
Stencil : TCW - 6x6 Quatrefoil Stencil
Golden Glitter cardstock
Sequins
Stickles- black

23 comments:

  1. WOW it looks GRAND !! Yes in capital letters!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have voted for you Pooja...all the best
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks fabulous Pooja ...I love the stenciled background you have created ...That vellum strip is perfect !!
    Thank you for always dropping by my blog and leaving me some love😊 really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Pooja, your card looks marvellous. I loved your creative process for making this card. I think it's a superb idea that you have not added any strong embellishments and have allowed the BG to shine. Vellum addition and white butterflies are just perfect. :)
    All the best , Pooja. I hope your card wins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vellum is a perfect touch! Good thinking!!! I love how you've used the subtle changes in colours against the stencil, too:) LOVELY card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colorful and sparkly! Pooja, such a happy card (just like you!) Love the vellum framed with glitter, and the gorgeous colors contrasting with the black. Wonderful card! Hope you are doing well, my friend! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Love the colorful background!! Love the vellum touch.
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vibrant colours and how you sneaked in a few sequins under the vellum. Very eye-catching card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really left the background as the focal point - very nice touch! Love just the touch of vellum and the butterflies. Beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vibrant and beautiful card Pooja :) the stencilled bg has come out so perfect & the vellum idea sums it all :)
    Voted for you :) my best wishes:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely burst of bright colors, Pooja!!! Vellum use is a nice idea and white butterfly is just so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Pooja! I love that colorful background...and the use of vellum which soften the look of the card.. :)
    Suchi DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Wow and triple wow!! Love the colors and love the butterflies - everything's just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow - this is superb! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow - this is superb! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card!!! Love your colorful background. Great use of vellum :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a gorgeous card! I love the colors and shine! Thanks for your sweet comment on my cards at Faber Castel Design Memory Craft Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty rainbow colored background

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely bright background!!! Awesome against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rock star background and that thin glitter strip gets me every time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...So Beautiful background pooja...Love the black border given to vellum...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful background it is!! Another great way to use stencils.. noted to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)