16 Mar 2016

Guest Designing for PABD - Part 1

Hello friends Today I am very excited to share my post as Guest Designer for Peek-A-Boo designs.I won their february challenge and got this opportunity. I would like to Thank Vidhushi Saraf and Entire Peek-A-Boo Designs team for giving me this opportunity .

Clear stamps from Peek-A-Boo designs
I received these stamps from PABD and I am proud to say that these are Made in India , high quality stamps. I enjoyed using them with different inks and the results were crisp n clear images.
I made bunch of cards using them and sharing them in two parts to avoid a lengthy post. As Holi festival is approaching soon I am sharing holi themed cards first.

Happy holi watercolored card
I am sure my Indian friends must have recognized the flowers .They are called Palash in Hindi and aptly called Flame of Forest in English .They are first to bring the news of coming holi festival and it is said Nature also plays holi through them. I drew the flowers and colored them using watercolor pencils.

Ink smooshed background
Ink smooshing in the background. Don’t you love that big,bold sentiment ? The twine is Gift from Yvonne and the fresh green card stock from Sathya.
Next card is simple one layered card .

One layered Happy holi card
Stamped the happy holi by inking the stamp with various inks in Rainbow colors.Then misted it with water to get the colors mix a bit.

Multi ink stamping
  Masked the sentiment using post-it note and then played with watercolors to create a fun background.

Masking to create fun background
One layered Happy Holi card
Hope you like these simple holi cards.Stay tuned for part 2 of my GD post :)

Linking Second card to :
Paru's Card making Challenge : Masking
http://paruscardmakingchallenges.blogspot.in/2016/03/march-challenge.html
Ranganjali challenge : March Monthly challenge Watercolors
Hobby Mela Contest : Holi ,festival of Colors

25 comments:

  1. Awesome! Awesome!! I want one too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are superb Pooja!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, love the palash, amazing depth in coloring Pooja !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, love the palash, amazing depth in coloring Pooja !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the cards are lovely Pooja..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your guest designer gig! LOVE the use of colours here...so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the win and GD spot! Woohoo! I absolutely love what you've created - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the win and GD spot! Woohoo! I absolutely love what you've created - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both fabulous! Love the hand drawn flowers - very creative and the masking on the second one is awesome. Thanks for sharing part of your culture too! Happy holi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards Pooja! That flower is just incredible and I love all the bright spring colours in your palette! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards Pooja.. you can link your card to a blog named hero and theme is rainbow..

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE these bright and beautiful cards Pooja and the translation in English is so apt for these fabulous flowers, they really do look like flames! Great designs! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards Pooja!! The hand drawn flame of the forest is so beautiful!!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Pooja.! Both are stunning.!!! Totally loved the hand drawn flower :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sure are getting messy over here! But in a good way! Love the splatters on both of these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOur floral card is stunning Pooja
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Cards Pooja.. Floral one is just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh goodness this is lovely! I learned something AND totally enjoyed these cards! Really like that mask idea..top notch! And those hand drawn flowers, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATS! You are such an inspiring crafter, doesn't surprise me at all to see you Guesting! Love the top one...that flower is gorgeous. And of course #2 with those AMAZING bright colours & the splashy bg has my heart. LOOOOOOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty cards Pooja! I love the multicolor stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love looking at your card creations, they always make me smile. Such beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards celebrating India's spring colors! Pooja, I love your holiday, and your lovely card creations! Congratulations! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards Pooja! Just love the Palash painting!!! Your holi card is so much fun!
    Thanks so much of playing along at Paru's Card Making challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty, colourful cards! Great job on hand painting Palash flowers. Holi card is perfect with many colours. Thanks for joining us at Ranganjali's March Challenge. Hope to see your creations in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)