24 Jun 2016

Guset Desiging for Mudra Craft Stamps-Full Reveal

Guest designing for Mudra craft Stamps
 Hello friends I shared the sneak of cards I made for Mudra Craft Stamps  earlier now sharing the full post with  few additional photos of cards.I received three stamps set Dream catcher,Dainty blooms and Special Birthday and will share my experience of working with the stamps with the cards.(Alert : Its going to be a long post !)

Let’s start with “Dream catcher”

Dream Catcher 6x4 stamp set
The theme and words in the set are so encouraging and what I loved most was the number of small n medium size stamps, solid n outlined feathers, dot, hexagons, circle which can be used separately in number of ways as well as combined together.This stamp set works fantastic with all types of inks I used it with DIs,pigment ink, Archival ink and every time got a sharp n detailed image.
First Thing that came to my mind was Watercolors .
Watercolored card using Dream catcher stamp
 Followed a technique shared by Jennifer Mcguire for this card .Stamped the images on Brustro watercolor paper with various Distress inks,then sprayed generous amount of water allowing the inks to bleed and after they were dry stamped the images once again with memento ink.The central portion of dream catcher is cut out and adhered directly on card base while remaining is adhered with foam tape. I had fun putting the small images together creating my own dream catcher !

Next up is my favorite technique faux-chalkboard.

card using dream catcher stamp set with faux-chalkboard technique
Started with a piece of textured black card stock,roughly marked the areas where I wanted the stamps to be and then heat embossed them with white embossing powder.Drew lines ,banner and other details with color pencil to create chalkboard look.For the background I drew lines using stencil and color pens.
Second stamp I worked with is Dainy Blooms.The flowers in this set are prettiest!
Dainty Blooms 4x4 stamp set
 There are so many delicate details in this stamp and It’s deep itching ensures that even the thinnest line is stamped clearly, I used juicy white pigment ink and you can see the details clearly.
Layered CAS card using Dainty blooms stamp set
 I heat embossed the flowers with white embossing powder and then colored with mix of DIs,traditional water color mixing some LSG magical for shine and then fussy cut the flowers n leaves.

Layered CAS card using Dainty blooms stamp set
Used a Dry embossed cardstock (Thanks to Dr.Sonia) on card base ,cut a window in the embossed panel and adhered fussy cut flowers inside it ! Stamped a selective part of sentiment on vellum and finished off with vellum butterflies.
I loved the dainty blooms so much and could not stop but create one more layered floral card.
Layered card using Dainty blooms Stamp & Special Birthday Stamp
 Started by stamping the blooms n leaves on watercolor paper and did no-line water coloring coloring using peacock feathers distress ink.

Layered card using Dainty blooms stamp & Special Birthday Stamp
The sentiment is from the third set Special Birthday.Stamped in black n clear embossed.. You can see how clearly the fine lines in SPECIAL are visible even after heat embossing! Speak of Quality n clarity..
If you are still here,just one more card left !

Layered card using Special Birthday stamp

Heat embossed the special birthday sentiment on vellum and layered it on colored cardstock & pp held together with a clothespin(Thanks to Yvonne).

Layered card using Special Birthday stamp
 For background Painted the strips loosely using watercolors mixed with LSG magicals. Added few stars n gem stones for embellishing.

Last but not least thing about the stamp is they don’t stain much even with pigment inks .If you are quick enough to clean them, then the stamps are good as new!

Thank you for being with me till the end of this post ,now that you are still here do tell me if you loved the cards . Do you have any favorite ?

12 comments:

  1. Oooh each one is sooo beautiful and I do love how you used the wood embossed card stock sooo gorgeous
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set of cards dear!! My fav is the third one..and great coloring too!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know already how fabulous I think both your cards & these stamps are.......loved having another peek at them & I think I've changed my mind...that pink one with the vellum is so LUSH!!! Deffo new fave!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, they are all amazing!! Wow!! You've showcased this new release perfectly!! I love the designs!! It's almost impossible to pick a favorite but if I had to, I'd say the brick wall with the gorgeous flowers!! Stunning!! They all are!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dainty blooms stamp set is my favorite! I really love your use of watercolors! My favorite post is one that makes me want to jump out of my seat and get creating, which yours made me do! You really are a fabulous artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! All are my favorite! Each card is super gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, what a gorgeous line up of cards! So many different colours, styles and designs. There's just no way to pick a favourite! You sure are keeping busy!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards Pooja!! Your coloring of the flowers is very beautiful!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really fantastic post, Pooja! One Beauty after another! I love how you have imaginatively used these wonderful stamp sets in different ways! I honestly cannot choose a favorite, even after looking over and over again. The techniques are marvelous, too! Thanks for spectacular inspiration! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, every card is beautiful and love how you put all the embellishments in just the right spot. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow pooja.... soo many beautiful cards. I simply loved the blue birthday card, soo bright and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow pooja.... soo many beautiful cards. I simply loved the blue birthday card, soo bright and happy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)