23 Sep 2016

Getting ready for Diwali with PABD

Hello Friends ! Firstly I apologize for irregular blog visits and not commenting . Pressed for time these days  ! Please bear with me as this will continue for some more time ;( Mean while I will be sharing my DT posts only.
Now coming to today's post I am sharing the PABD DT Post.I have focused on two Diwali themed stamps sets from September release Indian Motifs and Diwali greetings.Indian motifs stamp set has some very beautiful traditional Indian design and we can create variety of patterns just by arranging them differently .I am sharing few Diwali cards made using just these two stamp sets.

First card has heat embossing and watercolor combo.

Heat embossing & loose water colors
For the second card I made the background by heat embossing the paisley motif repeatedly and blending ink in ombre color scheme.I have used the negative of scalloped rectangle die-cut as frame for sentiment panel and embellished with enamel dots.

Heat embossing & ombre ink blending
For the third card I heat embossed (embossing again!) the paisley and sentiment on vellum.Layered it on red fabric cardstock and then on pre-embossed paper.

Heat embossing on vellum and dry embossed bg
Final card is a shaker card. clear embossed the tiny patterns on bg and the paisley is heat embossed on vellum.

Heat embossing on vellum and on bg as well
This two stamps are perfect for all Indian festival and not just for cards but we can also create Shagun/cash envelopes.Sharing few that I made.I have used beaded stencil and distress inks for the bg on both.

Stenciled bg with heat embossing on vellum


Stenciled bg ,glittered die-cut and crushed velvet flock on frame
This brings to the end of this post ,quite an overdose of embossing (& glitter ;))I hope I have inspired you to get started with Diwali cards and envelopes! WOuld love to know if you have a favorite :)  If you need some more information drop a comment with your email id will surely reply.

27 comments:

  1. These are just gorgeous... So so festive.. each is masterpiece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Poona, all are exquisite, but the black I.e steals the show here for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Pooja, misspelled your name

      Delete
    2. Sorry Pooja, misspelled your name

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cards!!! Love each of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each of your cards Simply gorgeous Pooja...The colours ,the blending is so amazing.. Absolutely love the variety you have created 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each of your cards Simply gorgeous Pooja...The colours ,the blending is so amazing.. Absolutely love the variety you have created 💜

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each one is a master piece.Your preparations for dewali is in full swing.Your cards remind me of beautiful glittering lights,fragrance of incense sticks ,smell of crackers,aroma of delicious food and loads of masti that we used to do .Thanks for sharing:) Happy dewali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each one is a master piece.Your preparations for dewali is in full swing.Your cards remind me of beautiful glittering lights,fragrance of incense sticks ,smell of crackers,aroma of delicious food and loads of masti that we used to do .Thanks for sharing:) Happy dewali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards Pooja....The colors and layering is so amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Pooja!! Love the colors you have used!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! what a treat, Pooja, to continue scrolling down and keep on seeing more beauties upon which to feast my eyes! LOVELINESS, softness, COLOR INTENSE, softness, CULTURALLY AMAZING, universal, -- each one so beautiful! thank you for the inspiration today (I'm very partial to the ways you have utilized the paisley shapes!) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pooja, your creations are a treat to the eyes, always!!The different ways you've used the paisley stamps is just awesome!! My favorite is the black one, love how dramatic it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous cards! Each one is so beautiful & unique! All are my favorite! Love the festive theme so rich, vibrant & amazing color shades!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cudowne prace. Podziwiam i pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowie! Amazing cards Pooja...gorgeous ideas for me to make some!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. MOST AWESOME!!! Totally enjoyed all these lovely cards so super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL! All of them are gorgeous! Love how you played with one motif yet came up with different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL! All of them are gorgeous! Love how you played with one motif yet came up with different looks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, you go girl! Great array of cards and fabulous job on the heat embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are soo sooo beautiful Pooja! I am so happy to come hear and blog! I loved all your Diwali cards! So colorful and bright!! SO festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow wow..Pooja,your cards are simply awesome..love the way you have used your stamps...so bright and cheerful..perfect for the season..

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have been one very busy girl, I see. These are all lovely. I came cuz of the bright colors on the first one. But I actually find the third the most interesting with all the white, broken up with that bold red.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Life gets in the way of scrapping at times, eh? LOVELY AMAZING assortment of cards....my fave is the 2nd last envelope. Those colours and the patterns look brill! My fave card is the shaker one. ADORE the 'strong' colours & textures on that one!!! Mind you, they all ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Pooja..sorry I am a bit late..Beautiful cards..all so colorful..Loved them all..And the black one there stopped my heart for a second..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  24. The cars are so vibrant and perfectly represent Diwali, the patterns are just divine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting blog and leaving comment ! If you have any query please leave your email-id for me to reply :)